23 December 2013

Xmas goodies

Even in the shitamachi you can buy German-type Christmas cookies and French-style cakes. I spotted these in a tiny mom+pop store run by a retired couple: he's in the kitchen, she's at the counter. I took the photos in the shop with my phone, so it's not exactly brilliant, but you can still see the goodies. I bought some for myself, but I'm baffled by the Easter bunny. What's he doing here? Standing in for Rudolph?

PS: My box is mostly chocolate. I'm still doing my best to cut back on / avoid gluten.








11 comments:

  1. Okay going to try again because my comment just disappeared. Not even the wait to be published thing.
    Wishing I could have Christmas cake. Because it can double as birthday cake.
    Maybe the bunny is there just because it's cute?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could figure out what's what with comments!

      Double up? Oh no no no. You should have cake on Xmas AND on your birthday! :D

      Delete
    2. The most expensive cake in this little shop was ¥12 000. Ah, Tokyo ...

      Delete
  2. Can I have the Bunny, please? Pretty plizzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops. He's gone. Finished. Gobbled up. Gomen, ne! ^^

      Delete
  3. Happy Christmas. I like a cheese cake. Of course, chocolate is also good. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late response, but Happy Chri ... well, let's make that Happy New Year! :)

      Delete
  4. It's a Christmas bunny! So hilarious, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think of you every time when I'm in a confectionery shop in Tokyo!

      Delete
  5. Maybe the rabbit was hoping to find carrot cake? ;)

    ReplyDelete